Saturday, May 21, 2011

P.E. Jail Ball (Throwing/Catching Game), Pull-Ups, Flex Arm Hang, and Hula Hoop Competition

This week we did a variety of activities!  My Thursday classes had to stay inside because of the rainy weather.  They played "Jewel Thieves" and "Jail Ball", and also had the opportunity to do the pull-up test for the Presidential Fitness testJewel Thieves is a tag game from pecentral.comJail ball is a throwing/catching game I got from a friend.  For directions to Jail ball click here.

Last week some of my classes did a "hula hoop competition".  I gave special Hula Hoop King and Queen certificates to the boys and girls who were able to hula hoop the longest period of time!  For teachers who would like to purchase my printable certificates, click here.

Here is a picture of our 5th grade Hula Hoop King and Queen!  Our Queen was able to hula hoop for more than 13 minutes!  She only stopped because our class period was over.  Wow!


My Friday classes went outside to play Jail Ball, Tag, and attempted pull-ups and the flexed arm hang on the monkey bars.  Videos are below!





Pull-Ups


Flexed Arm Hang


Pictures of my awesome 5th graders doing the flexed arm hang.

 We called this one the "relaxed hang" and hung with arms straight and chin under the bar.

5 comments: