Saturday, May 21, 2011

P.E. Jail Ball (Throwing/Catching Game), Pull-Ups, Flex Arm Hang, and Hula Hoop Competition

This week we did a variety of activities!  My Thursday classes had to stay inside because of the rainy weather.  They played "Jewel Thieves" and "Jail Ball", and also had the opportunity to do the pull-up test for the Presidential Fitness testJewel Thieves is a tag game from pecentral.comJail ball is a throwing/catching game I got from a friend.  For directions to Jail ball click here.

Last week some of my classes did a "hula hoop competition".  I gave special Hula Hoop King and Queen certificates to the boys and girls who were able to hula hoop the longest period of time!  For teachers who would like to purchase my printable certificates, click here.

Here is a picture of our 5th grade Hula Hoop King and Queen!  Our Queen was able to hula hoop for more than 13 minutes!  She only stopped because our class period was over.  Wow!


My Friday classes went outside to play Jail Ball, Tag, and attempted pull-ups and the flexed arm hang on the monkey bars.  Videos are below!





Pull-Ups


Flexed Arm Hang


Pictures of my awesome 5th graders doing the flexed arm hang.

 We called this one the "relaxed hang" and hung with arms straight and chin under the bar.

12 comments:

  1. Ѕtunning story there. Whаt οссurred
    afteг? Thanks!

    my pagе; opencoursegroup.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I truly appreciate your
    efforts and I will be waiting for your further post thanks once again.



    Look at my page http://peregrinejourney.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there would you mind sharing which blog platform you're using? I'm planning to start my own blog in the near future but I'm having a difficult time deciding between BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution and Drupal. The reason I ask is because your design seems different then most blogs and I'm looking for something
    unique. P.S My apologies for being off-topic but I had to ask!


    Also visit my blog post - relationship experts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent web site. Lots of useful info here.
    I am sending it to several buddies ans also sharing in delicious.
    And naturally, thanks for your sweat!

    My web blog ... similar web page

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! This blog looks just like my old one!
    It's on a totally different topic but it has pretty much the same layout and design. Great choice of colors!

    My site :: relationshiprewinder.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I visited multiple sites however the audio feature for audio songs existing at this site is genuinely marvelous.


    My website best way to meet women

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice answers in return of this matter with
    real arguments and explaining the whole thing regarding that.


    Stop by my site :: givingbirthwithconfidence.org

    ReplyDelete
  8. I feel that is one of the most important information for me.

    And i'm happy studying your article. However should commentary on few normal issues, The web site style is perfect, the articles is truly great : D. Good process, cheers

    Here is my web page: www.Mindshake.De

    ReplyDelete
  9. hello there and thank you for your information – I
    have certainly picked up anything new from right here.
    I did however expertise a few technical points using this website, since I experienced to reload the
    site lots of times previous to I could get it to load properly.

    I had been wondering if your web hosting is OK?
    Not that I'm complaining, but slow loading instances times will often affect your placement in google and could damage your high quality score if advertising and marketing with Adwords. Well I am adding this RSS to my email and can look out for much more of your respective intriguing content. Ensure that you update this again soon.

    Also visit my site - stock exchange new york

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi there! This post couldn't be written any better! Reading this post reminds me of my previous room mate! He always kept chatting about this. I will forward this write-up to him. Fairly certain he will have a good read. Many thanks for sharing!

    My site Wiki.Chocolatier.ru

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, I log on to your new stuff on a regular basis.
    Your writing style is witty, keep doing what you're doing!

    Also visit my web page similar internet site

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi my friend! I want to say that this article is amazing, nice written and come with
    almost all important infos. I'd like to look extra posts like this .

    Feel free to visit my weblog: http://TerakceolwFindl.tblog.com

    ReplyDelete