Saturday, June 2, 2018

Thank you KHEF!

I am writing this post to say a huge THANK YOU to the KHEF for fulfilling my request for a grant
this school year!  I was able to purchase a new parachute which is large enough to accomodate all of my students.  This parachute has all the colors of the rainbow, which ties into my management plan of organizing my class by colors.  My older parachute only accomodated smaller children and a class of 20 students.  There was enough money to purchase a rainbow set of beach balls and jump ropes as well!

Parachute games are a great workout, and also teach teamwork and cooperation.  This parachute will be enjoyed by thousands of students for years and years to come!

Check out the pictures and videos below to see how much fun the students had playing!
Students put "one foot on their color" to begin so they each have a spot and know their color for the games we play.  They also stand like this when we pause to learn new games.  This helps students stay focused and listen to the directions before picking up the parachute.








No comments:

Post a Comment