Monday, December 6, 2010
P.E. Parachute Activities for Elementary Students
Everyone loves parachute day! Even the adults who walk through the gym tell me about the fond memories they have of playing with the parachute in their PE class when they were in school! I too have great memories playing games with the parachute and I enjoy teaching my students a variety of parachute activities.
Attention P.E. teachers:
Before teaching parachute activities, it is very important to talk about your rules/procedures. Please click on the link "Tips for Teaching Parachute Activities" for details on my rules and procedures.
Parachute Activities: For details on how to play these games, please click the link: “Parachute Activities”.
1. Practice following directions with the parachute. (Hold, Stand on a handle, sit with parachute, etc.)
2. Making Waves - big/slow waves and fast/small waves.
4. Mushroom and Mushroom Activities
5th graders making a mushroom
2nd graders brainstorming ideas for ways to get exercise outside in the winter time.
2nd graders making a "mushroom"
5. Mountain (no video of this yet)
6. Climb the Mountain (no video of this yet)
7. Merry Go Round (no video of this yet)
10. Cat and Mice (no video of this yet)
11. Roly Poly (no video of this yet)
Posted by Carly at 3:21 PM