Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Soccer Obstacle Course / Constituation Day P.E. Soccer Game

Today was the first day of my Soccer Unit. The students worked on dribbling, trapping and passing.  Please see the video below for details of how I set up the soccer obstacle courses.  It was a great way for me to be able to observe the students' skills on the first day of our unit.  I also used these courses as a fitness activity at the end of class.  We put the soccer balls away and I had students run through the courses.  They got a great workout!  Today was also Constitution Day so you will see in the picture and video below how I integrated that into the lesson.                                    









Here is a picture of a few of the Constitution Day Fun Facts posters I made to incorporate into the lesson today.  This was a quick and easy way to get more information to the students.   As shown in the video, after completing a course, the student would read ONE poster before running back to start another obstacle.  So by the end of class they had read all 6 posters, some more than once.


No comments:

Post a Comment